Agenus Immuno Oncology Senior Scientist PositionPosted: 06 20, 2017
Agenus is devoted to delivering high quality innovative medicines for patients with cancer. We are focused on immuno-oncology and driven to discover, develop and commercialize effective immunotherapeutics and collaborate with partners and leading institutions to realize the full potential of cutting-edge cancer immunotherapies. Agenus has research, development, and production facilities in Lexington MA, Charlottesville VA, Berkeley CA, and Cambridge UK.
Agenus (Lexington, MA) is seeking a highly talented, innovative, and motivated scientist to join our Preclinical Research Group as a Scientist or Senior Scientist (contingent on experience). The selected candidate will work as part of an integrated research team focused on discovering and validating novel immunotherapeutics.
The successful candidate is expected to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments. These experiments will contribute to the team\’s effort to create more potent immunotherapies. The candidate is expected to be a visible and vital member of a highly collaborative research environment within Agenus and with our internal and external partners. The candidate will have strong supervisory expertise and contribute to program development and prioritization.
The incumbent will be expected to design, execute, and analyze complex studies and provide leadership within the program. Incumbent will work with others in the Immune Education group in a collaborative atmosphere. This will require broad knowledge of current concepts in cancer immunology and associated approaches. Individual will present research plans and findings to the Immune Education group and share expertise with other scientists.
• Supervise and train Research Associate(s) and Scientists.
• Use strong written and oral communication skills to interact with other Agenus scientists and external collaborators.
• Read and analyze current scientific literature and integrate knowledge to propose new approaches and areas of study.
• Provide critical guidance for platform evaluation and prioritization of potential targets.
• Provide leadership for platform optimization.
• Contribute to intellectual property submissions.
• PhD, MD or equivalent with strong research background in immunology, preferably tumor immunology.
• Minimum 2 years post-doctoral research experience with evidence of success, including strong publication record, patent submission expertise, and experience presenting data at national and international conferences (extensive experience in doctoral studies could substitute for post-doctoral experience in certain circumstances).
• Proven expertise to independently initiate and drive research projects must be evident.
• Technical skills to include:
o Expansion of peptide-specific T cells from diverse sources
o T cell function assays that validate vaccine and CPM therapies
o Strong expertise in flow cytometry (>5 color), cell-based assays and small animal models required
o Functional analyses of T cells using multi-parametric analysis
o Strong knowledge of immune monitoring assays
o Experience with cancer vaccines preferred
Interested candidates should contact Tracy Mazza Clemente to apply for this position. Please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org